At Happay, we’re on a mission to provide businesses the simplest, one stop solution to meet all their travel & expense management needs. Our industry-leading technology solution is used by over 6500+ customers across 40+ industry verticals and includes conglomerates like PWC, the Tata Group, the Landmark Group, Wellspun,JubilantFoodworksandmanymore.
Funded by Sequoia Capital and Prime Venture Partners, we’re a team of 250+ based out of Bangalore. We’ve won the CIO Choice Award and Technoloviti Award for the Best Expense Management Solution for two years in a row now (2019 & 2020). Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 Award (2020) is the recent accolade in our kitty. Besides expanding our dominance in the Indian market, we are also gearing to launch our solution in the international markets very soon. We’re looking for folks who are interested in a high-impact role, and are able to jump in right away to help us scale Happay to the next level of growth.
ROLE : DevOps Engineer
LOCATION : Bangalore
- As a member of our Expense Management Tech team you’ll choose what technical challenges you want to solve, including: design and architecture of globally distributed components/services and handling highly critical, secure data, working with modern distributed databases and computation systems that process data and generates insights for millions of customers.
- The Expense Engineering team is in the center of all the action and is responsible for all Enterprise Expense Management Product and Platform technologies that connect Happay solutions with Enterprise workflows delivering innovative user experiences across web and mobile. We’re looking for an experienced DevOps to manage, automate, operate these platforms and help evolve our architecture to achieve higher scalability, better security and availability requirements while not compromising on time to market for new product features. This opportunity provides a high-impact, fast career growth in a team that’s building technology on the critical path of the customer experiences and is used every time the Happay customers manage their expenses.
- The position would be based out of Bangalore office.
- You would be responsible for infra, deployment, operations of scalable platforms, microservices that deliver scale, high availability, and security.
- You can drive operational excellence into our architecture and components that can serve millions of users every day.
- You automate build and deployment pipelines and processes.
- You have strong automation skills using shell scripts.
- You automate infrastructure bootstrapping and monitoring.
- You understand how the end-to-end stack (front-end, API, Databases, network) work and its impact your application performance.
- You drive security best practices and lower operational cost (utilization).
- You are able to debug (using Debug tools/frameworks) and resolve customer issues effectively.
- Collaborate, communicate with cross-functional teams from UX design, Product and other Tech teams.
- Should have 1+ years of experience in DevOps.
- Mandatory: Strong knowledge and expertise in Linux, Networking, AWS stack, Docker, automation/scripting(Bash, Ruby, Python), CI/CD tools (Jenkins).
- Should have expertise in building engineering tools, system dashboards and monitoring alerts (Cloudwatch, Lambda, SNS).
- Hands-on experience with AWS services like VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, EBS, ECS, SNS, SQS, SES, Cloudwatch, Lambda etc
- Expert with containers (Docker) at scale in a HA environment.
- Experience using configuration management tools (Ansible).
- Experience monitoring dependencies, integrations (APIs).
- Fast learner and staying up-to-date on emerging technologies..
- Bachelor’s / Master’s in computer science.
- Collaborate and work in a start-up environment and go the extra mile.
- Passionate to solve challenges, take ownership and fast learner.
- Knowledge of AWS CI/CD (code deploy, code build, code pipeline)
- Knowledge of data structures, OOP, and computer fundamentals.
- Good to have: AWS services (ECS, EKS, ElasticBeanstalk, Cloudformation, Serverless, Data Migration and ETL tools), Kubernetes, Terraform Ansible, Prometheus, GraphQL, InfoSec/Compliance standards, B2B/SaaS product DevOps, Monitoring and Analytics tools (New Relic, Grafana, ELK).