The TAM role is a proactive support role for premium support accounts. You’ll be responsible for supporting a select number of named accounts.. The TAM will work closely with the 24×7 support team to ensure the total team can support a customer. TAM provides select account premium support for those that purchase the TAM service, and the key value includes providing customers with a named support engineer who understands the customer’s team and setup. TAM’s work customer problems, help optimise customer solutions, provide training, and also work joint proactive projects.
ROLE : Technical Account Manager
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years
- customers to understand the different contexts in which the product can be effectively used, enable their growth, and conceptualise new use cases and solutions.
- Work closely with the business and analytics stakeholders in the client organization, and be an expert on our product.
- Develop relationships with key customer business and IT partners to understand their top business goals and priorities, act as an internal authority on your customer’s key value drivers and needs, and act as an internal point of contact for your customer to internal partners.
- Proactive Customer Engagement – Establish and ensure highly collaborative relationships with support teams and customers/partners. Build value-based relationships with customers, leading to referral and renewal.
- Cross Functional Engagement – Establish and develop highly collaborative relationships with internal teams. Collaborating with Sales and Engineering to address product issues, and identify workarounds & solutions
- Escalations – Assume the role of escalation manager when needed, and ensure timely communication to all stakeholders for escalated issues with a high-impact, or strategic visibility. Coordinate handoff of ongoing issues to the next geographical region
- Customer Experience – Ensure a great customer experience in all team interactions. Measure and continually improve
- At least 3-5 years of support experience within a Technical Support, Solutions Engineering, Customer Success, or Technical customer-facing organisation
- At least 3-5 years of working directly with customers, within a technology company
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent working experience
- Experience with Cloud/SaaS software products is highly desirable.
- Passionate about enabling a consistently excellent customer experience. Dedicated to champion the customer problem until the resolution path is identified
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Heavy focus on using data to articulate messages
- Excellent time & project management skills, with a focus on delivery